** Please Note: There is a PDF version of this waiver located below
Monday Night Hockey League (MNHL)
Waiver, Release of Liability and Code of Conduct:
The following waiver contains several important sections
By signing this I understand I may be giving up my right to legal action
I understand that I need to complete this form and return it to the MNHL organizers before I participate in any MNHL activity
This waiver contains 2 sections, “Code of Conduct” and “Covid 19”
CODE OF CONDUCT
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Monday Night Hockey League (MNHL), Winter 2020 & 2021 programs and seasons, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- The risk of injury from the athletics involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for If however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately: and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HERBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Monday Night Hockey League, Scott Cortese, any officers, captains, officials, volunteers or agents acting on the MNHL’s behalf and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the league (“Releases”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES O
- I UNDERSTAND THAT ANY VIOLENCE OR A SINGLE PUNCH THROWN, WHETHER ON THE ICE OR IN THE ARENA, WILL RESULT IN MY IMMEDIATE EXPULSION FROM THE LEAGUE, AND MY EXPULSION WILL OCCUR WITHOUT REFUND. THIS ALSO INCLUDES VERBAL ABUSE TO THE OFFICIALS.
- I understand that I am responsible for providing my own individual insurance
- I understand that there is no alcohol allowed on City Premises or at Carling Area, and agree to obey the rules regarding drinking and alcohol, established by the City of London
- I am familiar with the refund policy and understand that there are no refunds to any paid fees after the “league draft” is held, regardless of injury.
- I agree to complete this PlayersCode of Conduct Form and follow the rules as established by the league, “MNHL”.
COVID – 19
- I understand that the novel coronavirus, COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is known to spread mainly by contact from person to person. Consequently, local, provincial and federal governmental authorities recommend various measures and prohibit a variety of behaviors, in order or reduce the spread of the virus.
- The Monday Night Hockey League and its members commit themselves to comply with the requirements and recommendations of Ontario National, Provincial and local Public health and other governmental authorities, and to put in place and adopt all necessary measures to that effect.
- However, the Monday Night Hockey League cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending the Activities could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19, despite all preventative measures put in place.
- I acknowledge the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and I voluntarily assume the risk that I could be exposed or infected by COVID-19 by participating in the MNHL’s Being exposed or infected by COVID-19 may particularly lead to injuries, diseases or other illnesses.
- I declare that I am participating voluntarily in the MNHL’s
- If I experience, or if anyone in my household experiences any cold or flu-like symptoms after submitting this declaration, I agree that I will not attend any of the MNHL’s activities, programs or services until at least 14 days have passed since those symptoms were last experienced.
- I agree to that I can not participate in any MNHL activities for 14 days if I or any member of my household has travelled to or had a lay-over in any country outside Canada, or in any Province outside of Ontario, in the past 14 days.
- I agree to the requirements and recommendations of National, Provincial and local Public health and other governmental authorities as it pertains the Covid-19 Coronavirus and to adopt all necessary measures to those effects.
- I agree that, by filling out and signing this waiver and agreeing to the terms and conditions set out in it, I am giving up my legal rights to sue the Monday Night Hockey League and its officers and directors, participants or volunteers, in the event that I contract the Covid-19 Coronavirus.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN ANY ON-ICE OR OFF-ICE ACTIVITY ORGANIZED BY THE LEAGUE.
I AGREE THAT I FULLY UNDERSTAND IT’S TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT, AND ENTER INTO IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.